May 15, 2013

Sweet Corn Rice

I was on a vacation to my brother's place .. so I could not focus on posting anything.. I'm just back after a break !! Now posting one from my drafts :) 


I have already posted a Corn Pulao variety. And this is another variety of rice with Sweet corn. As soon as I prepared the dish, the bowl was getting empty even before I finished clicking it. I had to hurry up otherwise I could not even click pics for the blog as well.. :) Even my little one loved it ,I was very happy. 

Ingredients :

Sweet corn cobs - 2
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Oil - 2tsp
Cumin seeds - 1tsp

To Grind :
Cashew nuts - 8
Tomato - 1
Green chillies - 2
Ginger - 1tsp chopped
Black Whole peppercorns- a few

Method :

  1. Cook 1 cup of Basmati rice . Keep it ready. I have already posted it .Check here for the same.
  2. Pressure cook Sweet Corn cobs for 3 whistles.After the pressure drops, remove the kernels from the cobs.Keep them ready.
  3. Grind the items under the 'To Grind' list to a coarse paste.
  4. Heat Oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
  5. Add chopped onions. Saute them for a minute until it looses it raw flavor.
  6. Now add the ground paste.Fry this for around 2 minutes and take care that it does not get burnt.
  7. Add the sweet corn kernels.Mix them well in a low flame. Switch off the stove.
  8. Add the cooked basmati rice and mix well.
  9. Serve hot with chips or raita.



My Notes :


  1. You can use the frozen sweet corn kernels also. If so follow the packet instructions and add it to the rice.
  2. We add pepper because sweet corn is very mild and pepper adds a spice to the rice and gives a special flavor. You can also replace it with red chilli powder.




No comments:

Post a Comment