Apr 24, 2013

Groundnut Sundal /Peanut Snack

Peanuts! Peanuts! Peanuts! I love it in any form... Peanut rice .. peanut bar .. I also like to temper peanuts in most of my dishes and love it when it comes in any dish.





 I'm very crazy  about them and luckily the same with my whole family :D
So this snack is made of cooked peanuts which we genrally get on shopping streets like T-nagar in Chennai.

Ingredients :

Raw Peanuts - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Grated Carrot - 4tbsp 
Grated Raw Mango -  4tbsp
Pepper powdered - 1 tbsp
Chat masala powder - 1tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:

  1. Pressure cook the raw peanuts along with some salt.
  2. Chop the onions and tomato to small bit sized pieces. 
  3. Take a mixing bowl and add the cooked peanuts along with all the other ingredients.
  4. Mix them really well and garnish with cilantro.



My Notes :
  1. We can add green chillies also for spice but it needs tempering, so I avoided it.
  2.  Also kids might tend to eat the chiilies without their knowldege so I skipped them.
  3. We can also replace mango with lemon juice if its not the mango season.
  4. Avoid onion if you are making it as a Navratri Sundal






No comments:

Post a Comment