Jan 10, 2013

CHURMURI / THE PUFFED RICE SNACK




       The thought of Chennai always reminds me the beach. The balloon shooting game.. I always loved that game being a kid and got to win it every time we played. And the bajji stall and the snack with puffed rice.. Ah Yummy!!!

I also remember the peanut wala on the busy T-Nagar roads making money with this one. Still I have added my own versions to it. As and whenever I was reminded of Chennai I make this snack. My hubby’s all time favourite. Mine too because it is healthy. And then I pack it up in a paper cone just to replicate the beach scene.. J Fun for kids too!!! Try this one and go healthy!!!






Ingredients :

1 Onion
1 Tomato
1 Carrot
1 red/yellow/orange sweet bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
½ cup of peanuts or Almonds.
4 cups of Puffed rice
Salt and pepper
Half a lemon
Coriander leaves for garnish
Method :

Soak peanuts or almonds for 2 hours.

Cut all the vegetables into small bite size pieces.

Mix them with puffed rice.

Add soaked Almonds or peanuts.

Add salt and pepper. Mix it well.

Now add lemon juice to this mixture.

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve in a thick paper cone.








My Notes :

You can add boiled peanuts instead of raw or soaked ones to get the exact snack effect as on roadside!!

Also adding the coloured bell peppers makes the dish colourful and healthy..I added them as we like the taste.You can also omit the bell peppers.

Add salt just before you serve because the veggies tend to lose water if it is kept for a long time.

The pictures shown are taken at different times just to show that we can replace almonds with peanuts in the same recipe.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! sindhu Wow!It is really fantastic. Finally u made it, great. All the three items are really very very good. Congrats. wish u all the best
    Amma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Sindhu!! will definitely try this. And wish you all the best!!

    -- Sirisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Amma and Thanks Sirisha :) Please try it and let me know .

    ReplyDelete